The Mathemagic Programme has been compiled to support the Revised Mathematics Primary School Curriculum. It promotes sound constructivist principles and approaches in the teaching of primary mathematics, while, at the same time, offering ample opportunities for reinforcement and consolidation.
Mathemagic 2 for Second Class, provides a seamless transition from the Mathemagic 1 book for First Class.
Specific features of Mathemagic 2 include:
- Detailed and systematic coverage of each Strand Unit in the Revised Curriculum.
- Highlighting of concept development throughout.
- Introduction of new areas in a series of carefully-graded steps.
- Variety of approaches offered.
- Stress placed on the effective use of manipulatives.
- Strong emphasis on problem-solving, estimation and discussion.
- Regular review of pupils’ progress through Look back pages.
Class: Second Class